With Christmas and vacation drawing near, it feels like life has been full on recently. Work has been going well, but once I am home, all my free time has been occupied with making cards and notebooks….. annnnddd we’ve dinner parties scheduled for every week until we leave! Its going to be a real busy time, and I haven’t even started on Christmas presents yet!
Chicken Pad Thai – a very yummy meal you can order in a restaurant and can never go wrong with it! I decided to make some for us not so long ago… 🙂
- Thai Rice noodles
- Chicken: 1 cup worth cut into bite sized pieces (breast or thigh meat)
- Veggies: mushrooms, carrots, zuchinni, snow peas, etc etc – OPTIONAL
- Eggs: 2
- Spring onions: 3 chopped
- Bean Sprouts: 3 cups
- Chicken Stock: 1/4 cup
- Garlic cloves: 4, minced
- White Pepper: 1 tsp
- Peanuts: 1/3 cup, roughly chopped
- Pad Thai Sauce: 2 tbsp (more or less depending on taste)
- Soy Sauce
- Peanut Oil for stir frying
- Wedges of Lime for garnish
- Cilantro: 1 cup chopped for garnish
Begin by soaking the rice noodles in some hot water until they are soft.
Heat the oil and fry the chicken pieces and minced garlic for a few minutes. If you are adding some veggies, add it now and stir-fry for a few more minutes. Move everything to one side of the pan, and add the eggs, stir so you end up with some scrambled eggs!
Next add the pad thai sauce, soy sauce and the noodles. Stir everything and season with some salt and pepper.
Garnish with some fresh coriander, chopped peanuts and the lime wedges
Serve straight away!