Our Christmas holiday this year has been fabulous. We didn’t travel and that was a first for us to not leave our city during a holiday. We had lots of house projects, so getting that done was just perfect, and getting a head start on the nursery and the baby closet has been SO much fun
Staying at home also meant more time spent in the kitchen and I definitely had lots of inspiration for making different meals. I know I have tried to move away from Indian recipes but those following the blog were quite keen on those, however right now with me being preggers and not feeling Indian food at the moment, all the different spices are taking a break while I get to cook what I would really love to eat otherwise
Maybe for a short while from here on you will get to read some non-indian recipes,and I hope those following eaterspot for the indian recipes would still love me 🙂 Hope you enjoy this one, real basic, very easy and vegeterian friendly!
Our Christmas holiday this year has been fabulous. We didn't travel and that was a first for us to not leave our city during a holiday. We had lots of house projects, so getting that done was just perfect, and getting a head start on the nursery and the baby closet has been SO much fun
- Begin by making the sauce. Saute the onion and garlic in the oil and season it with salt and red pepper flakees. Cook until the onions are translucent
- Next add the canned tomatoes. With a wooden spoon break the whole tomatoes if any and continue to cook for another 10-15mins on medium heat
- Season more if needed and let it cook for a few minutes and remove from the heat
- With the sauce done, its time to get the eggplant prepped
- Put the floor in a bowl and season it with salt and pepper. In another whisk the eggs and the milk and season it with salt and pepper
- In a third bowl, combine the breadcrumbs along with the thyme, oregano and the salt and pepper. Dip each eggplant in the flour, shaking off any excess, next it goes into the egg mixture,
- finally dip it in the breadcrumbs making sure both sides are well coated. Repeat with all the eggplant slices
- Pour enough oil in a large fry pan, and cook the egglant slices until they are golden brown on either sides. Drain the eggplant slices on paper towels
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Spoon 1/4 of the tomato sauce in a 9 by 13 baking dish. Top with a layer of the eggplant slices, its ok if the eggplant slices overlap. Sprinkle the cheese mixture on top. Spoon some more sauce and repeat it with
- the eggplant slices and more cheese. Repeat if there are more eggplant slices, and the top layer needs to have enough cheese
- Bake for 40mins until the cheese is bubbly. Serve hot!