So how has your week been? Its Thursday, and I have had an extremely productive/busy kinda work week. Lots happening at Eaterspot – the giveaway is in day 2 and great to see over 350 folks have entered thus far! 🙂 Good times
If you have been following EaterSpot’s facebook page for a few months atleast, you would have seen the above picture of Orange cauliflower. K loves Orange Chicken and I had a week of Vegan meals, so I decided to make this … He actually didn’t mind the chicken substitute and loved it that he ate so much and we didn’t have much left over
This recipe has a few steps to follow, hopefully my instructions are easy to understand!
So how has your week been? Its Thursday, and I have had an extremely productive/busy kinda work week. Lots happening at Eaterspot - the giveaway is in day 2 and great to see over 350 folks have entered thus far! 🙂 Good times
- Heat some oil in a frying pan. Eye-ball the amount you need to fry all the cauliflower florets. Try not to deep fry these 🙂
- Next make a thick batter by mixing the corn starch, all purpose flour, water and salt. Pour the water little by little as you don’t want this batter runny. Dip each floret into the batter and then fry them in batches
- Once the florets turns crisp, drain in paper towels and set aside
- Now to make the orange sauce, heat a tbsp or less of oil in a pan, and once hot, add the capscium, garlic and ginger paste and saute until the capsicum has softened and transfer to a plate
- Next to the same pan, add the orange zest, juice, veggie stock, sugar and soy sauce. Let the fire be on medium and when the stock comes to a boil, reduce to low heat. Season with salt and pepper if needed
- Mix 2 tbsp of the corn starch with some water to make a runny paste. Add this mixture to the stock and stir well to combine
- Once this thickens, add the cauliflower and the capsicum. Mix well and let it sit on the fire for a couple more minutes
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with sesame seeds and spring onions
- I served it with white rice and it was quite yummy!
- For the Orange Chicken recipe, **click HERE