Chicken & Veggie Roll Recipe by Beula Pandian Thomas
2 chicken breasts or equivalent of chicken mince
2 cups veggies (carrots, beans, peas, corn)
2 cloves garlic
Salt and Pepper
1/4 tsp each of thyme and basil
4 puff pastry sheets
1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 200c
- I didn’t find mince in the supermarket, so I grabbed some chicken breasts instead. I also like quick meals over the work week so I used some store bought puff pastry sheets for this recipe.
- In the food processor, I first minced the chicken breasts. Then the veggies and the cloves. Put the chicken and the veggies in a bowl and add the seasoning. I went basic because I was making this for a child: salt, pepper, thyme and basil.
- I placed a generous amount of the chicken veg mixture in the middle of the puff pastry sheet, leaving 1/4 inch off on either end and then rolled it. Brush it with some milk and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake it till the chicken is cooked through (you will see the meat turn white). Also the puff pastry will be a nice golden brown and crispy. Took me about 20minutes.
- Once ready I served it with some tomato sauce. You can easily make this an adults meal by adding a side salad