I love taking basic food ideas and making it interesting. This past week I had left over chicken from a whole roasted chicken. I was also very busy to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so instant noodles was super tempting to make … I make proper meals almost all the time, so I was sure hubby and DZ would be very forgiving with the instant noodles …But then I thought it wasn’t very inviting to eat, so after thinking for a few minutes, this came together!
I will definitely be making this again … It’s suuuppperrrr easy and delicious and the peanut sauce drizzled over the noodles make this meal pretty AWESOME!
I love taking basic food ideas and making it interesting. This past week I had left over chicken from a whole roasted chicken. I was also very busy to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so instant noodles was super tempting to make ... I make proper meals almost all the time, so I was sure hubby an
- In a large pan saute the onions in some oil. Once it has softened, add the capscium, zuchinni and any other veggies you would prefer like beans and carrots. I just decided to stick to two. Season with salt and pepper and let it cook on medium heat.
- In the mean time, I put all the seasoning that comes with the instant noodles pack in a bowl. In another large bowl, I put the instant noodles.
- I was using left overs rotisserie chicken. So quickly chop the meat and add that to the pan, when the veggies have almost cooked through. Also add the noodle seasoning to the pan. Stir it all together so the seasoning covers all the veggies and chicken.
- Bring enough water to boil in a kettle and pour that on the instant noodles, cover it with a lid and let the noodles cook through. This should take a few minutes.
- Finally make the peanut satay sauce. In a bowl, put the peanut sauce, sweet chile sauce and some water and stick it in the microwave for less than a minute. The peanut butter will melt, give it all a good mix and you will have a delicious sauce.
- Once everything is prepped, its time to assemble!
- On a platter, first put the plain noodles, then add the chicken veg mixture, and then finally a drizzle of the peanut sauce.
- To garnish add chopped spring onions.
- Serve warm!