Ending this week with a sweet little note … My life has been crazy busy as I have been sharing with you over the last few posts…. Work and house hunting is what I have probably shared and I left a little detail that baby #2 is on the way too 🙂 … I had to relax on something, so it had to be the blog. So if you find that I have been pretty silent its all because of the baby hahhah …
I made this sweet treat a few weeks ago. It’s a great snack to serve with a cup of chai when guests come around. It’s really cute to look at too haha … and if you are a carrot halwa fan you will love this!
Ending this week with a sweet little note ... My life has been crazy busy as I have been sharing with you over the last few posts.... Work and house hunting is what I have probably shared and I left a little detail that baby #2 is on the way too 🙂 ... I had to relax on something, so it had to be t
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots. Once ready, melt the butter in a heavy bottom non stick pan.
- Add the carrots and cardamom powder and saute until the carrots are soft. Have the heat on medium low.
- Once soft, add the sugar and milk and let it cook for another 10 mins.
- Add the 1/4 cup of coconut, (we will save the 1/2 cup for the final step) the sweetened condensed milk, and mix well. Let this cook until the condensed milk has almost dried out. If its too runny and loose its harder to roll them into balls.
- Add the raisins or cranberries whichever you use and give it all a good mix. I let it rest for 5minutes or so before rolling them out.
- Spread the 1/2 cup of shredded cocout on a plate and then roll out the carrot halwa mixture into balls.
- Coat the balls evenly with the shredded coconut.
- I let this sit in the fridge for about 15mins before serving.