Well … HELLO there! both new and old readers of the blog … Long time no see!!! You have no idea how many times I start to type a recipe post to only be interrupted by something at home … mostly by my 3.5 year old and by the time that is sorted, my preggo body is tired hahha …
I promise you I haven’t forgotten the blog, each week I cook meals for the blog, but just haven’t had the time to sit down and type it up … I am actually considering getting someone to be my scribe to write down the recipe and the process to help me hahha …
Anyways, about this dish … it’s starting to warm up here in New Zealand and that means BBQ season is pretty much here 🙂 We have been in a potato loving phase, and I needed to make some to pair it with a roast chicken, so the following came together!
Well ... HELLO there! both new and old readers of the blog ... Long time no see!!! You have no idea how many times I start to type a recipe post to only be interrupted by something at home ... mostly by my 3.5 year old and by the time that is sorted, my preggo body is tired hahha ... I promise you I
- Begin by boiling the potatoes in a saucepan. Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric and some salt and let it boil until it is tender. Drain and set aside.
- In another pan, add the curry leaves, dried red chilli to some oil and cook (stirring frequently) until the chilli starts to blacken.
- Next add the onions and saute.
- To the pot add the rest of the spices: 1/2 tsp turmeric, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida. Cook until the onions have softened.
- Add the cooked potatoes and the chopped coriander. Give it all a good mix and let it cook on low for about 7-10mins.
- Final step is to add the lemon juice. Serve immediately.
- Pair this with some meat and you will have a lovely combo or you can serve it as a veggie combination.