If you have ever eaten a Churro, you will know how delicious they are!!!! They are relatively easy to make. It’s a bit fattening with all the deep frying but hey! a warm churro dunked in some chocolate sauce is just the best! This past weekend was busy, we had lots going on and we also slept less so by the time it was 2pm on Sunday, a nap felt like it would be great … but of course my 4 year old does NOT nap so had to pull it through till night time. I then thought a cup of coffee would be great to help the situation, and then I thought some more and felt maybe a little sweet treat would be great too … I don’t buy all extra snacks when I grocery shop cause I don’t want it all to sit on my hips and tummy haha so opening up my pantry wasn’t the right solution cause there won’t be any snacks (boring I know haha) !!!!
I then reached to the freezer door and pulled out my trusted puff pastry !!!!! YESSSSSS this Churros recipe is made with Puff Pastry … I used four ingredients and within 15mins I had a cup of coffee in one hand and some warm and crunchy churros in the other … My husband and daughter fought over them and came back begging for more hahha …
The key to this recipe; is to eat it right away when it is still warm .. SO GOOD!!! It was the perfect pick me up!
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- In a bowl mix together the cinnamon powder and sugar and set aside.
- Cut the thawed puff pastry sheet into half, and then cut each half sheet into little strips. They were about 1-inch wide strips.
- Place these strips on a baking tray and bake for around 10mins. I had my eye on the oven, once it was golden brown I pulled it out. I had them small and they puffed up into these beautiful pastry sheets.
- Brush each puff pastry strip with butter. You can always dip them in a bowl of butter – I just did not want to over do it!!!!
- After the puff pastry is brushed with butter, roll it in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Serve immediately !!! Or just place it on the kitchen counter and stand back and watch your family fight over who gets to eat the most haha …