Who doesn’t love FRIED CHICKEN!!!! It’s soooooooo good, isn’t it ?! I decided to make some asia style fried chicken at home a few weekends ago. Marination is key in this dish! You really want the chicken to sit in the marinade to get the flavour through the meat, all the way deep inside till the bone. I used chicken drumsticks, but you can use wings and it will make a great dish for a party.
Since it is asian styles, I used fish sauce and yes it does smell when you whisk up the marinade, so I did it quick before my 4 year old could comment about that smell in the kitchen. The garlic masks the fishy smell and when you fry it you don’t really get much of it when you bite into it.
Pair this with a salad, some coleslaw for the kids, a pasta dish and you have the perfect meal.
- In a bowl mix togther the garlic paste, minced coriander leaves, salt, pepper, fish sauce and oyster sauce.
- I used chicken drumsticks, but you can use wings. They will be pretty delicious!
- After you have cleaned the chicken (leave skin on) place in a large deep dish so you can pour the marinade over it!
- Make sure the chicken pieces are well covered in the marinade. Let this marinate for atleast 4 hours or over night.
- When you are ready to fry, mix the flours together and coat each chicken piece in it, shaking off any excess flour and then deep fry.
- Drain the fried chicken pieces on kitchen towels.
- Transfer to a serving platter. I served the fried chicken with some sweet chili sauce. My 4 year old preferred her tomato sauce :).