Approx 2-3 years ago, I shared a recipe on the blog called Hasselback potatoes . I remember loving the idea of cutting slits through the potatoes and then roasting them. It made them look pretty on the platter. This recipe is a great replacement to roasted potatoes or even mash. The next time you plan to make some potatoes to add on to a chicken or meat dish, definitely try this 🙂
I had a dry mixed herb mix in my pantry that I put to use. It was a combo of herbs like basil, thyme, rosemary, parsley…. It definitely adds amazing flavour to the potatoes.
The potatoes take about an hour in the oven, so you might need to plan a bit of time, but hey! once it is done, it is sure to impress your guests…
Hope you get to make this quick and easy recipe in the near future!
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Wash and scrub the dirt off your potatoes and pat dry with kitchen towels.
- In a bowl mix together butter, olive oil, mashed garlic cloves, dry herbs (basil, parsley, tarragon, rosemary), lemon juice, honey and season it with salt and pepper.
- Cut slits through the potatoes, making sure you don’t cut it all the way through. Place them on a baking tray.
- Brush each potato with the herb oil mixture. I made sure to get the herbs and garlic through the slits in the potatoes. I saved some oil for basting during the cooking process.
- Bake in the oven until the potatoes are cooked through. I brushed the potatoes with the left over herb oil mix while it was in the oven.
- Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with the freshly chopped parsley leaves and serve immediately! Don’t they look BEAUTIFUL !!!!