This recipe is a result of a combination of flavour cravings at the moment … I have been wanting to eat chicken parmesan for a few weeks but haven’t had the time to make it! I also wanted to make something crunchy and crispy with panko breadcrumbs without it being deep fried! I then bought a nice block of parmesan cheese (so good!) in my weekly shop and needed to put it to good use, so I grated some for my daughter and her friend to snack on while I made this for lunch …
I made a mash to go with the chicken, you could cook up some fries or maybe a garlic-parmesan spaghetti to go with it as well OR if you are like my 4 year old you will just baptize the chicken in lots of tomato sauce while the parents aren’t looking! haha
Presenting to you another quick and easy meal idea!
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, dijon mustard, oil, paprika and salt and pepper together.
- Mix the panko breadcrumbs (or regular bread crumbs) and the grated parmesan cheese (freshly grated is the best) together in another bowl.
- In another bowl have the whole wheat flour. You can use plain regular flour if you prefer that instead.
- Dredge the chicken breast pieces in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Next dip it in the egg mixture, followed by the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure each piece is well coated.
- Place the chicken breast schniztel on a baking tray and bake till the chicken is cooked through and the outside starts to brown a bit.
- Serve with some mash on the side