This dish is such a comfort food. There is mince, cheese and macaroni, its perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a lazy weekend meal. If you have kids, trust me this will go down a treat. It’s cheesy and creamy, definitely not spicy and just delicious.
My 4 year old is a huge fan of macaroni and cheese, but I wasn’t in the mood to eat it for a meal, so when I saw that there was some mince in the fridge that needed to be used, I did some yummy food research and made this dish. It’s quick and easy just the way I like it! – perfect for both adults and children.
- To some heated oil, add the spring onions and the beef mince and brown the meat.
- While the mince is cooking, in a bowl mix together the garlic powder, corn flour, paprika and brown sugar.
- Once the meat browns up, the rest of the ingredients go in. First pour in the chicken stock and milk. Next add the uncooked macaroni noodles.
- Then the powdered mix of garlic powder, corn flour, paprika, and brown sugar goes in.
- Season with salt and mix it well together.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook on medium low heat. It took me about 15mins for the noodles to cook through.
- Final step is to add the grated cheddar. I grated the block of cheese I had, if you buy it grated from the store that’s ok too, but if you can grate it fresh its perfect.
- Mix it all up together so that the cheese melts and becomes part of the mince and the macaroni (SO GOOD!)
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately!