Here is a delicious recipe that will make both adults and kids smile. I have been meaning to make this for weeks now and was after chicken thighs with skin on them … you know when you really need something to make your dish and you just don’t find it in the supermarkets!!!! I had that issue for TWO weeks and it was so annoying haha …. I wanted the chicken thighs with skin on them but all the supermarkets had them without the skin so I gave in and went with chicken drumsticks … Anyways that’s really not that important, this recipe tastes great whether its drumsticks of thighs.
I love the simplicity of this dish. It has a LOT of flavour and is a great dish to take to a potluck or to make for dinner on a weeknight.
Would love to know if you make this sometime … Comment on this post or on my facebook page
- Place the chicken pieces in an oven proof dish. I must say line the dish with foil (it makes cleaning the dish easier later on).
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients besides the drumsticks together.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and get it well coated. I then let the chicken marinate in the fridge for a few hours.
- When you are ready, preheat the oven to 200c.
- Bake until the chicken is done. I checked occasionally and flipped the chicken pieces around.
- Once done, transfer the chicken pieces in a serving bowl, and pour the cooked honey soy sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Serve with some white or brown rice, or you can even make fried rice if you have time and some veggies like Sauteed Ginger Bok Choy (Click here for recipe…) will make this one filling dish.