Gosh I love the Slow Cooker! It’s the bestest in every way … it makes food tastes GREAT as it cooks over a few hours. As someone with a very busy life, slow cookers are a life saver, they are handy over a weekday or the weekend. There are no fancy ingredients in this recipe … you will just have to do a couple of things like pureeing the curry mixture but in the end 4-ish hours later you will have a delicious curry to serve. It’s delish with some rice and/or naan/roti … It’s totally kid friendly as long as they don’t mind a green curry 🙂 – the spice is mild, but you can always kick it up a bit if you like heat!
Curries are just the perfect dish for a cold New Zealand winter’s night, and making it in the slow cooker actually reduces a whole lot of time and effort one takes to make an Indian curry over the stove top, so if you enjoy a curry or two, save this recipe and let me know once you try it!
- Place all the ingredients excluding the chicken in the slow cooker and let it cook on low for a couple of hours.
- After which use an immersion blender or transfer the contents of the slow cooker to a blender and puree to a smooth consistency.
- Return it back to the slow cooker, add more salt if needed.
- Add the chicken pieces to the slow cooker and let it cook for another couple of hours.
- Serve with some rice and/or naan.