You can never go wrong with a chicken recipe … It will most likely become a favourite dish … this recipe is one of those for my family. My daughter is a HUGE fan of chicken so I have a huge list of chicken recipe options cause if I ever over-repeat a dish, I get told off by the 4 year old !!! I had a real busy work week and weekend and I had to slot in easy to make yet delicious and healthy recipes for my little family. I have used chicken thighs in this recipe, but you can also use chicken wings or drumsticks. I also chose to cook them in the oven, but you can cook it over the stove or even BBQ it!
The honey, garlic and dijon mustard together brings out an amazing flavor … if you can’t find dijon mustard, use plain mustard … you can never go wrong with this recipe. Serve this with a salad or a pasta dish and you have one complete and budget friendly meal …
- Cut slits on the chicken thighs and place in a large ziploc bag
- In a bowl mix the rest of the ingredients: honey, dijon mustard, mashed garlic (or garlic paste), salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Pour the marinade into the ziploc bag. Seal the bag and give it a good shake and massage the marinade in to the chicken thighs.
- Let it marinate for 30mins or overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200c
- Place the chicken thighs on a baking tray and let it cook until it is cooked through and crispy on the outside.
- If you don’t have an oven, cook this over a skillet over medium low heat.
- Transfer to a serving tray and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves