I LOVE comfort food …especially when it is real easy to make … There is nothing that can be compared to a warm bowl of creamy pasta. This dish right here can be made by anyone, its that simple. Trust me you can never go wrong with this! This can be eaten just as OR pair it with a non-veg dish and your guests will keep coming back for more. Zucchini is a great veg to add to pasta dishes when in season … The other ingredient I have used in this recipe is Ricotta cheese … it’s the ingredient that makes the pasta creamy. So delish … let me know if you can make it
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions. Save a cup of pasta water and drain pasta.
- While the pasta was cooking, I cooked the zucchini. To a tbsp of olive oil add the zucchini and mashed garlic cloves. Season with salt and let it cook through.
- Now to assemble this dish … return the pasta to the pot it was cooked in, add the cooked zucchini, the ricotta cheese, and fresh/dried basil.
- Mix it all together, and use the pasta water to loosen up the pasta if needed. Season with salt and pepper. You will want a slightly creamy consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and grate some Parmesan cheese on top. And if you are like me, add red pepper flakes for a little kick.