I am definitely a lot more dependent on the slow cooker this year than ever before. It honestly is like my BFF! haha … A few weeks ago I shared a Slow Cooker Butter Chicken recipe (Click here to read…). I thought of trialling out some Chicken Tikka Masala in the slow cooker and the result was pretty impressive. The family trialled it and it passed with both the adults and the kids! YAY!!!!
As you will see below, the ingredients are not all fancy and complicated so if you have a slow cooker but aren’t a confident cook in the kitchen you will still get the dish right if you follow the instructions.
Let me know how you go!
- Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker minus the chicken and the yogurt and cook on low.
- This will create our curry base for the chicken to finish cooking in. As you get closer to the 2.5hr mark, you will see the curry getting all bubbly and will look pretty well cooked.
- At this stage either use a hand blitzer or transfer the contents to a food processor and puree till its a smooth curry base.
- Return the curry to the pot and add the chicken pieces and continue to cook on low for a couple of hours.
- Couple of hours later, you should have a delicious curry ready to be served. For the finishing touch add the cream.
- Serve hot with some rice.